To provide university campuses and visitors to the temple with vegetarian meals that are subsidized, healthy, freshly prepared, karma-free, and Yoga-friendly (sattvic). Proceeds are used to support a not-for-profit initiative of karma-free food distribution across university campuses, elders in the community, and shelters for the homeless.
PLEASE NOTE: EXCEPT FOR NORTHWESTERN; WEDNESDAY APRIL 29TH IS THE LAST DAY FOR KRISHNA LUNCH TILL AUGUST. WE WILL MISS YOU ALL!!!
Menu for week 4/20
2. Dhaal Makhini (Whole black Indian lentils and kidney beans)
3. Aloo Gobi (Seasoned cauliflower and potatoes)
4. Blueberry Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat and blueberries)
2. Channa (Chickpeas in spiced tomato gravy)
3. Gauranga Potatoes (Indian potato salad)
4. Almond Saffron Halwa (Dessert made from cream of wheat, almonds and saffron)
1. Flavored Rice
2. Paneer Butter Masala (Home-made cheese cubes in creamy tomato & cashew sauce)
3. Walnut Halwa (Dessert made from cream of wheat and walnuts)
2. Chole Palak (Chickpeas and spinach)
3. Paneer Tikka Masala (Marinated paneer with a spicy tomato gravy)
4. Carob Ladoos (Carob and Coconut sweet balls)Friday
1. Spiced Rice
2. Spicy Black Chickpeas3. Seasoned Broccoli and Paneer
4. Pineapple Halwa (Dessert made from cream of wheat and pineapples)
Note: All orders after 10 am will be counted towards next day’s Krishna Lunch.
Volunteer for Krishna Lunch and get your lunch box for free:
ISKCON Chicago also caters Karma Free food for various events. Find out more about our Catering and Bake sales.