To provide university campuses and visitors to the temple with vegetarian meals that are subsidized, healthy, freshly prepared, karma-free, and Yoga-friendly (sattvic). Proceeds are used to support a not-for-profit initiative of karma-free food distribution across university campuses, elders in the community, and shelters for the homeless.
Menu for week 3/02Monday1. Flavored Rice
2. Paneer Butter Masala (Home-made cheese cubes in creamy tomato cashew sauce)
3. Gulab Jamuns (Lightly fried milk balls soaked in a rose flavored sugar syrup)Tuesday1. Fried Rice
2. Gobi Manchurian (Cauliflower fritters in a cornmeal batter with a tangy, spicy sauce)
3. Simply wonderfuls (Home-made milk fudge)Wednesday (NEW!!!)1. Spiced Rice
2. Spicy Black Chickpeas
3. Seasoned Broccoli and Paneer4. Carob & Strawberry Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat, carob and strawberries)Thursday1. Rice and Peas
2. Malai Kofta (Veggie balls in tomato cream sauce)
3. Carob Ladoos (Carob and coconut sweet balls)Friday1. Rice
2. Dhaal Makhini (Whole black Indian lentils and kidney beans)
3. Aloo Gobi (Seasoned cauliflower and potatoes)
4. Banana & Walnut Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat, walnuts and bananas)
Note: All orders after 10 am will be counted towards next day’s Krishna Lunch.
Volunteer for Krishna Lunch and get your lunch box for free:
ISKCON Chicago also caters Karma Free food for various events. Find out more about our Catering and Bake sales.